Reiki is an ancient Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes profound healing on all levels – mental, emotional, physical and spiritual. It’s administered by laying on hands, in person or at a distance, and can be easily learned by anyone, regardless of experience or knowledge. It is gentle yet powerful, a fount of beautiful healing energy that flows directly from Divine Source.
Reiki is a transformational tool that helps develop higher levels of consciousness and spiritual awareness and awaken the inner self.
Reiki is a Japanese word that comes from two words – Rei and Ki, written in the Kanji characters above. In the Japanese language, these words can mean different things depending on how they are used and how they are combined with other words. When they are used together for the practice of healing, the word “Rei” means universal spirit, Higher Power or God. The word “Ki” refers to the life energy that flows through all living things. Therefore, Reiki means Divinely guided life force energy
Healing often takes place after Reiki treatments, and people have reported recovery from minor things like headache, stomachache, bee stings etc., but also major illnesses have been affected with some people recovering from heart disease, cancer, leukemia etc.
While almost everyone experiences relaxation and improvements of various kinds, healing results cannot be guaranteed. It is recommended that if one has an illness or other medical or psychological condition that in addition to getting Reiki treatments, clients also consult a licensed physician or other licensed health care professional as Reiki works well in conjunction with all medical or psychological care.
The ability to do Reiki is innate within everyone. By taking a Reiki course, a “placement” is given to the student which plugs them into the Reiki energy circuit. After that, all that’s needed to use Reiki is to place your hands on yourself or another person, and the healing energy automatically begins flowing.
Because of this, Reiki is very simple to learn and the first level is taught in a weekend class.
- Reiki can relieve pain, help to regenerate organs, loosen blocked energy and promote total relaxation.
- Reiki works on the mental and emotional levels to re-establish mental well-being and spiritual equilibrium.
- Reiki can be used to promote the growth and health of plants and animals.
- Reiki never depletes the energy system of the person giving it. As a channel for healing that flows from highest Source, they will receive as much healing as the person they are treating.
- Reiki is a wonderful system of self healing that can support you no matter what the situation, bringing greater peace, sense of well being and alignment with your true purpose. Once attuned, the more you use Reiki, the stronger it becomes, and automatically brings healing to those around you, to your work, your living environment, thus bringing greater light to our planet.
- Reiki also works powerfully at a distance, and since the arrival of the Holy Fire frequency, it can now be taught effectively online.